Friday, June 16, 2006

I'm coming!!

Hello everyone.

So this is it. The last post from France, dun dun dun.

I'm coming home tomorrow!!!! I knew that I would have to leave one day, but I never really believed it. I am so excited to see everyone, but it hurts my heart enormously to leave this beautiful place called the France. I've just realized how much I've grown to love everyone here.

As my friend Camille would say, "Things are only beautiful because they have an end" That is so true. If I weren't leaving, this would have been a much easier weekend emotionally, but I wouldn't choose that. Because I only had a year, I took advantage of the amazing world I was lucky enough to be in, and that made it sad to leave, happily.

I had a great weekend, starting with a circus show I went to see on thursday, and then a guitar, bonfire camping party on saturday for Kristy and her friends, then last night my own go away party, along with the 2 other exchange students in my club and my first host families daughter, named maud, who just came home from finland. I have slept a total of 6 hours in two days. I am looking forward to my 10 hours on the plane, with nothing to do.

Because it was a party for the four of us it was pretty huge. They made a slide show with our pictures throughout the year, and sang us each individually a song, and we had a huge "piece montée" cake. I danced till my legs fell off, talked to everyone and said my good byiieees....*tear*

I'm not really going to try and sum up the year. I can't. Other than to say it was an incredibly rich experience, thanks to the people first off in Canada, then everyone in France.

I hope you have all enjoyed the blog, however irregular the posts were. Just to see, can everyone who has been reading this blog, once or everyday, waiting for a new post ( sorry about that!) leave me a comment, with your name, and how you know me. With the exception of a few faithful comment-ers (thankyou!) this has always been a more or less one way thing, and I'd love to see who all has been reading!!

And now ladies and gents, it is time to organize my bags, sleep a little tonight, and then say, au revoir.

For those of you in Canada. See you tommorow!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BONNIE!!!

I am one of the faithful ones who checks your blog almost daily in hopes of a new post. I know you from Kindergarten. My name is Erica-do you recall?

8:05 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Bonnie...
I can't believe the time actually arrived yesterday morning for us to say Au Revoir. I must say, we couldn't have done it in a better way mate. DRAMATIC!! and quite tearful. What a great last weekend we shared. I was so ready to have a good French sleep in this morning, then the travaux in the street began at 8am! I hate jack-hammers. What was the first thing I did when I was abruptly awoken? read you poem!! Made me feel better.

I am going to miss your wonderful company here in our "unreal world" that is our France exchange. Have fun slipping back into "real world" lol I'm just going to hang out here another 6 months or so.

Toi me manque. DEJA!
Rester en contact ma bon-bon
I really do think we have created a life long friendship Bonnie, for that I'm happy!

à la prochaine...
Nick

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bon Bon
At the beginning of all this I said to you “Bon Chance in France” even though I knew that you didn’t need any luck because you are so amazing that you can conquer anything. For the past year I have been addicted to you blog and I’m completely serious. Every single time I was on my computer I checked to see if you had posted something new. And when you didn’t update it I went through withdrawasls, haha jk. Anyways, the reason I enjoyed your blog so much was because it was so you, and it made it feel like apart of you was still here. I missed you A LOT while you were gone and am excited to see you once again!
Love always Chelsea Isenor (from high school and drama and I helped through you a Bon Bon Voyage party haha)

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bienvenu chez nous Bon Bon; c'était fun de lire de tes aventures et j'ai hâte d'entendre encore plus. A bientôt. T. O'B.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Ross said...

Awww, je dois écrire en français parce que Mme O'B l'a fait! Je lirais ton blog quand je n'ai pas l'oublier, mais j'ai lu tous les posts. C'etais amusante lire de vos aventures en deux langues (comme notre voyage à Québec) et j'adorais les photos!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonniiiiiiiieeeee !!

Tu nous manque terriblement (même pendant les révisions du bac de français...). J'espère que tu as fait un très bon voyage de retour, on a tous passé une merveilleuse année avec toi.

A bientot j'espère !
Romain

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie, thanks for creating such a wonderful blog, it's been like a little window into your world in France for those of us here at home. Thanks for sharing so much with us! Love, Mom Welcome Home!!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, loved your blog, made me laugh, made me cry... can we hug? sorry nick

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bonnie,
so this is about 6 months after the fact of leaving france. i havent seen you since last april and we only saw each other for about two weeks (although they will be more to come!!!) and i got your email about your new sight and had to of course look at your old one and i spent about 2 hours reading every single entry and crying and laughing and my roommate thinks im nuts.......i miss france and ppl like you remind me of how wonderful of a year it was and how many truly great people i met.
dina marie

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home