Friday, May 12, 2006

Venice to start.

Because it has been ages and ages since I've written I will start off with a general greeting,

Hello everybody I hope you are all well and prospering.

I have been home from my european bus trip for about three days now and have come to my first families home again to recount the stories to you via their FUNCTIONING computer.

So gereralities: The euro tour was great. We were 54 in the bus and we drove from Paris, to germany, Austria, Italie, the south of France, Switzerland and before finishing, once again in paris.

I made some AMAZING friends, that I will never forget and had lots of laughs and dreams come true with them during the past 12 days.

I have so many pictures and memories, I think I'm going to do this Kelly style and let the trip last me for the next few weeks as well. Today I will do Venice, because I happen to have the pictures here. In the following posts I will do a city each time.

Venice was cool, really touristic and completely void of any locals, but beautiful all the same.


This is where we started. This is the gondola parking lot and the yellow building is a best western hotel. There really is no escaping them.

The things I remember about Venice are the following:
- I was sick. After 4 days of not getting to sleep before 2 or 3 am I was totally sick. I coughed so much during my illness on the bus trip, that when I came back I had abs like steel. (Ha!) Everytime I coughed it was like a little situp. I actually fell asleep on the boat going to Venice. Who does that?

-The pigeons. Stacks and stacks of them in the main square. People would buy bags of corn and put it on their hats or arms and have pigeons covering them.
Yumm what an excellent way to catch dinner and the bird flu in one clean act.
One could say, hittong two birds with one stone.....? ok enough with the puns.

-We took a gondala ride, which was an absolute must do, and it was so romantic. It really was like in the movies, with the exception of the chunks of garbage floating in the water and occasional funky odour.

- the prada bags. In the bag in this picture lies ONE THOUSAND AND FIFTY euros. In other words 2 bags and one wallet.
The legs on the right belong to Dina Marie, my new best bustrip bubby (just had to add in the alliteration) an american who knows how to shop.
The good 45 minutes to an hour we spent in that Prada store making the sales man run all around looking for the perfect purse is my new personal all time high shopping memory. Wow, such class. Bravo Dina Marie.


So thats all I'm going to say today about the bus trip, but next time I write (I promise it won't be soo long) I will take you somewhere else far away and european.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home