Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Anecdotes for a rainy day.

Today it rained!!!
Living in Kamloops, I have never had a valid reason to use an umbrella in my LIFE. I had to resort to bringing an umbrella into the shower to sing, "singing in the rain"
I have never actually owned an umbrella, let alone needed one.
Since I came to France I have had to use one twice. I am hoping that the spring brings a lot of rain with it before I leave. It makes me so happy.
I'm thinking of buying an umbrella all to myself. I saw one with hearts on it the other day and it was pretty classy. Its not for sure yet, its a pretty big step for a semi-arid dessert raised girl, to actually own her own umbrella, but I will be living in a more rainy climate next year, whether that will be near the ocean in France, or near the ocean in Canada, so I think it would be a worth while investment. I'll let you all know how this umbrella plan eventually pans out.
And now for the much awaited, much cherished

......... Petit french anecdote.......................

Well, this isn't really much of an anecdote, but I just wanted to continue the list of names that french people give to things in english.
Today we will talk about musical bands.
I have much enjoyed the signs around advertising rock concerts for,
-"the third eye machine"-for all those monsters out there with, sadly, only two eyes, who have always longed to qualify in the three eyed catagoie
-"The Shaggy dog story"- less creative, a clear mix between, snoop dog and shaggy, which conjures up an image of the snuffleunfagus from sesame street. Definatly a hardcore rock image.
"Celtic hangover"- not just any kind of hangover. This band obviously wanted to be specific.
Well that does it for band names now, however I saw I few stores or maybe restaurants in Paris called, "happy phone" but we have a song in english called banana phone (thanks raffie) so I can't really say much about this one. Well ladies and gents, that concludes

......the petit french anecdote of the day................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home