Saturday, February 25, 2006

My weekend in Maurienne

This is called the "Maison Penchée" It was an old army house that got bombed during the war. It stayed together, but was just tilted. It was so weird to walk in it. You actually get dizzy. It looks very odd so see other people walking too.
We saw this on our way to our friends Chalet in Maurienne.

This is me and Dominique, doing some cross country skiing. I retried it this weekend and found that it really really wasn't as bad as the first time. I actually really enjoyed it. It was exhausting, but like running a bit. Definatly something I need to continue.

This is called the monolithe. Its like natures vrsion of the Eiffel tower. It is like a huge rock that stands out of no where. People can climb it in the summer and we snowshoed to it.

It was a weekend filled with sports, and the chalet was beautiful. A good time was had by all. I was happy to dicover my love for cross counrtry skiing, and meet some new people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home