Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Theres no going back...


  1. Last night I went to see "Le Cirque Plume"

    At the end of the 2 hour show, a tears rolled down each one of my cheeks...
    It hurt my heart that it was over. It was fully magique.

    It was the best show I have ever seen. It was poetry in motion, theatre, music, dance, it was art. There is a few photos and a short video on this site, that you could look at if you wish to see it with your own eyes.

    There were people of all ages there, of all types. During those 2 hours we ALL laughed our heads off together, and at the end, we ALL stood up together, and applauded so loud, that the performers had to tell us to be quiet.

    The name of the show was "plic ploc" They played with the theme of water. The sound of it. The things we do around it. The way it makes us feel. From pipe repair men, to kids at the beach, to umbrellas (yes!) in the rain, we saw all kinds of beautiful images surrounding water.

    It was very colorful, sometimes black and white, sometimes with a splash of red crossing the stage. Sometimes it was young and silly and sometimes just beautiful. They all got soaked. everything was wet. The water came from the sky, the ground, the sides. All over it was soaked.

    They used the stage and the water, in very creative ways; the lights, the shawdows it makes with the water all added to the story.

    The things that the performers did with their bodies blew me away. It was nuts. I don't understand how people can bend like that.

    The cirque is just the coolest thing ever. Like I have said before, its everything that I love about live theatre. Its like 2 hours of happiness for everyone in the room. That connection can't be reproduced.

    I'm now officially addicted to le cirque. Theres no going back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Hello everyone, just posting comments on my own blog again.
Just wanted to say that if you go to the website, its in french, however, I'm sure you can all figure out what "La video" and "Les photos" means in french, and clic on it.
Thats right!! You guessed it!!
And people think french is a different language. Ha.. ha.. HA..

3:40 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Just posting a second comment on my blog.
This time I wanted to give you my umbrella update. Since I have seen this show, I am now searching for a red umbrella.
If any Chamberien out there know where I can get one, let me know.

3:44 PM  
Blogger frank n sense said...

I'm scared of clowns so I doubt I would have enjoyed it as much as you.
Frankie

7:25 PM  
Blogger michelle* said...

Bonnie, you are so obsessed with la cirque now...I hadn't realized that's why you want a red umbrella!

P.S I think it's très drole that you're leaving comments on your own blog!

Michelle C.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home