Monday, May 29, 2006

God... Theres so much sand on the beach....

So taking a bit of a break from the bus trip, I though I would update you on what I've been up to in real life. (ok more like exchange student life)

This last weekend, was a long one. One of my canadian friends named Kristy, from Ontario, invited me to go alone with her and her host parents to the south for a first and last beach holiday.

We were super lucky with the weather and didn't really see any clouds at all. Well maybe like the two wispy ones in the photo there. But really it was wonderful weather. Thank you weather god, as my mom would say.

So after the bus trip we were feeling so VERY worn out from seeing guided tours and momuments, that we told her host parents that we didn't want to see any towns, or statues or buildings or know any history. We just wanted to see the beach.

And thats what we did.....

Well sort of. We went to a super cool town called St. Tropez for one evening, because the people there are just so rich and excentric. All the yachts that are featured on like yacht shows and magazines, live here. And victoria BC apparently, but there were lots there. I've never seen such big expensive boats before.
One night, when the sun was no longer good for tanning, we went to the nearest town for ice cream, found a bar playing jazz and we totally danced a bit. It was good fun.

This picture is me and kristy playing in the sand. We made some pretty small drip castles and we even made moats and stuff to go around them, so the water wouldn't get it. We had so much fun. We laughed till we had abs as hard as a counter, then had at least two ice creams a day to make up for the mucscle gain.

The islandy thing in the back ground, has a HUGE castle / house on it, and its the summer residence of Jacques Chirac, (the president of France- its ok I didn't know before I came here either!!)

It was kinda funny because on the first day, we were totally out there in our 15 spf, all day trying to get tan, then the second day it was like, "ok a little bit of 25 on the burns" and by the last day I had 60 spf on, a tee shirt, and a hat, sitting under the umbrella.
It was so fun. I did get pretty tan. I've never put so much lotion on my body in a four day period in my entire life. Its was nuts.

Thank you kristy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home