Friday, May 19, 2006

And today, Germany



Germany was the first country we visited outside of France.

It was pretty nifty. The buildings looked very german, meaning a little more stark and the brick was darker I found.

It was pouring rain and really not very pleasant weather wise, unless your a fan of cold biting weather.

We stayed in Munich in a hostel, called the "Easy Palace" I'm going to let you all make up your minds about this one.

We had a guided tour with a guy who was really funny and cool. He took us to the beer hall in munich, across from the hard rock café and a few other cool sights.

The beer hall was definatly the coolest I've ever seen in my limited, (not being legal age in my home country) experience. For starters it was HUGE, and there were all sorts of people and a band playing good beer drinking songs and they served beers to go along with the size of the room. A normal beer was 1 litre. In a mug. Definatly a meal sized beer. Not too shabby. The ambience was fantastic.
*rotary side note, I did not drink this beer, this is picture was taken simply to show everyone the immense size. *

Later on in the evening when we had a chance to go back, I just sat there with my bustrip buddy Dina Marie and laughed and laughed. It was a good time. We all had to come home at 11, unfortunatly, but it was fun trying to figure out the metro in a non english or french speaking country. I've never felt more like a tourist in my entire life. It was bitter sweet.

We got back to our room, had indepth political dicussions until at least 2 or 3 am then went to sleep. the next day we left for Austria.

And that was Germany.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie,
That's am absolutely stunning picture of you.
I'm sure you must have mixed feelings about returning to Canada. Hopefully you can come visit me in vancouver when you return!!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home