Friday, January 27, 2006

Growing inside and out...

When I cut my hair just before leaving Canada, it was for the following reasons.
1) I was having a bad day (which is totally logical; having a bad day = cut your hair off)
2) One of my heros in life, who also happens to be one of the kids I babysat, PJ at the age of 2 years old, had enough guts and will power to cut her hair off, only a week or so earlier. It looked so adorable. It took her only two years to work up the courage to do something that has taken me 18 years .
3) I wanted it to be a measure of my growth here in France; my personal growth, as well as my hair growth.
In my five months I have come a long way in terms of personal and hair growth. I have learned how to be more patient, more accepting, less judging.
I have learned how incredibly fast time does pass and that nothing in life is ever permanent. Its like the waves of the ocean; there are times when certain things are overwhelming, abundant, but you gotta ride the wave, because the other option doesn't look too good, and before you know it its gone. The good and the bad both will follow this trend.
I have learned how to appreciate my own space and respect the space of others, while living together. I have learned how to deal with rules; not let them ruin your time, but let them be a motivator for doing things the way you want later, at a more appropriate time.
I have learned how to find the balance between having relationships in Canada and having relationships in france.
I have learned french. I have learned how to be french (two completly different things)
I have learned how to look up and enjoy the scenery, without stepping in merde (a much needed talent in France)
I do an amazing french accent now.
This month was the first month that I was able to put my hair in a half pony tail. This month marks exactly the half way point of my exchange. However, my hair will not stay in a pony tail all by itself, I need barrets. It needs help to stay up there, avoid strays. Just like my five months here. I have not done all this personal and hair growth alone. I have had many people, rules, situations impact my life positivly and negativly, but in the end they have all been experiences that I have grown from, in one way or another.
Today, for the first time in five months I decided it was time to cut my hair a bit. To even it out, change style of it a bit. Just a few centimeters. It felt soo good to get it washed, cut and styled by somebody else. I had such a good time. They even served me coffee and chocolate. mmm.

This half-way hair cut has given me a chance to even things out, create a new look and adapt to a new shape.
This was how much hair I have grown!!!!! and my hair as of today.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tres Stylish, Bonnie. But lets not forget who first sported the short hair!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Kelly O said...

You are beautiful, both inside and out. With much love, KellyO

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bonnie you have always had this wisdom in you, its just growing more apparent along with your hair!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bonnie You philosophize and try to understand the changes which takes place in you. Your stay in France increases you and make you understand many things maybe faster than you shall have made it by staying in Canada.
At least you have hair with which we can make many thing in different styles.
I don't see very well, did you change the color of your hair ?
Friendly.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheveux longs ou cheveux courts ton ame reste la même et elle est bien belle,tout comme ton joli visage ma ... 3ème fille.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home