Saturday, January 21, 2006

Au hasard

It smells like spring here.
Its getting wamer, the sky is mostly blue today and its getting to the season where one contemplates a coat or not.
Today I took a bike ride with my host family malgre my erge to dive under the covers once again and soak up some delicious saturday afternoon nap time. I totally loved it. I had such a nice time, just peddaling along, looking at the town and buildings and river beside the bike path. The hardest part of any excersize for me is the first one. If I can manage just to get out there I love it.
We went to a quite secluded area of town called "le bout du monde" or in english, "the ends of the earth" it was really cool. Its like a steep rocky valley with a river runnign through it and ancient buildings lining the banks. There was an old building that used to be a mill with a water wheel and all. Someone has since then turned it into a house. There were lots of man made water falls, fish ladders, just cool water features. It was quite wild and really reminded me a lot of Wells Gray, in BC where I went back packing last summer with Ben. I love rivers and water falls, all over the world. I love climbing on the rocks surrounding them and swimming in the deep pools. I can't wait for the water to get warmer, so I can swim.
I did indoor rock climbing with Etienne, my host dad yesterday at lunch. I really enjoyed it, but my arms are killing me today. It was really physical, but really fun too. I'll have to do that again.
So anyway, I haven't been doing really big and exciting things lately, just settling in to my new home, finding a new rhythm and enjoying my semi-nomadic lifestyle this year. I feel good, peaceful and zen for the most part. As much as it is hard to be movng every three months, I love that it gives me a chance to start over again too. Clean out the closet, take down the old posters, and then my new space, rearrange my things the way I like them. Make it my space again, all fresh.
I've been thinking a lot about next year. I may just come back to France. I love it here and I really feeling the need to make it on my own. Travel where and when I want, live the way I want and have all the not so nice responsibilities and stresses that go with it as well. Not only that but Ben has an opportunity to apply to come to France and teach english ( what a guy). While this would be really great, it means that I would be in Canada next year and he would be in france...... While being able to wave to each other from our crossing airplanes in the sky would be cool, it doesn't exactly fulfill what either of us want, and have worked to maintain in this relationship. I would love to be able to start a whole different kind of adventure in france next year. We'll just have to see what all goes down.
Also just in case that doesn't work out or we have a change of mind I have applied for the University of Victoria
I will, without a doubt go to university and get a degree, but the question at this point is just when.. Next year, or the year after. In any case what I do next year depends on the acceptance of Ben in this program and the defferability of any scholarship money that I could win for 2006/2007. The name of the game right now is "wait and see"
Well thats enough random Bonnie thoughts for the day;) Hugs and kiss for all of you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

HI everyone just being a nerd and posting comments on my own blog, but I just wanted everyone to notice how technically advanced I am to be able to put LINKS on ly blog. I was: am very proud.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Kelly O said...

Bonnie, there is a special place in my heart for your nerdyness! I am glad that you are enjoying yourself and that you are thinking of your future. I am glad that it includes school.

Could you please email your latest mailing address?

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home