Friday, December 30, 2005

Sweat, blood and tears

The french people have really given me a lot as an exchange student. They have hosted me spoiled me and taught me a lot about myself and people in general. So I wanted to give back to them, in blood. haha. This morning I went to the blood donor clinic with my host mom. I was a nervous wreck and quite nearly passed out. I was quiesy, all sweaty and shaky for the 10 minutes and I definatly cried after I was done, but all in all it really wasn't that bad. Its just me who totally is squimish. Its a psychological thing 100%. I have to work on that because it didn't hurt at all, and I would thoroughly recommend it to those who have not yet done it. I feel extremely calm and zen today knowing that I've helped a bit and that I'm refreshing my bodies blood supply. Its a different feeling. Not only that but the nurses were extremely nice and patient with me and I ate such a good snack after. I am eager to see if it will go better for me the second time around. In france when you give blood you get these cool give blood postcards and they pay for the postage, so I sent two to Canada, one to Finland and one to France. Spread the give blood joy all around the world. Everyone laughed when I took a picture. Only an exchange student or a tourist would do that. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bravo pour ton courage, tu es la plus génereuse............et toujours avec le sourire je suis fier de ma fille d'accueil. bernard

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Bonnie!!
I also wonder if I can do that in Finland, but they are so shy here that I would probably not feel really comfortable if they are not warm with me...
Anyway, thank's for your card which pleased to me a lot ;)
And the most important thing: Congratulation! You do something for french people that so far I can't do... So thank you once more :)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home