Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Au Naturale

So when I found out I was coming to France, there were a multitude of things running through my head. These things included, the language barrier, food, culture, etc. but most importantly I thought, "Am I going to have to grow out my armpit hair to fit in?"
Now that I have been here for one month (last sunday) I have been able to accuratly asses the armpit situation in France.
And the verdict is:
Its depends.
I find that more women in France wax their body hair, as opposed to shaving it, so as a result, there is a lot of inbetween time where hair happens to grow to a decent length. However, it must be said that I have seen many more women who just go au naturale.
Everything here is more natural in general though, such as the cheese, that looks like real cheese as opposed to an orange block; bread (even though it is always white) that is hand made and still warm when you buy it and meat that can be eaten raw, to name a few. (I ate meat raw and cold the other day for the first time, hesitantly, but it wasn't too bad)
Its good, I believe, to get back to nature and enjoy things how God meant them to be, I love that attitude here, but for now I think I will appreciate the natural foods and bounty from France and continue to keep my armpit hair at a minimum.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly O said...

LOL! Great post Bonnie, I am glad to hear you made an educated choice on the fate of your airpit hair. I wondered which way you would go.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Covert hypnosis said...

A very nice post, Bonnie. Maybe you should come visit Slovenia someday. It's a small central European country bordering Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia.

We have a beautiful countryside and the main city (Ljubljana) is also one of my favorite cities (Duuuh, live here). Well, come visit someday, you'll love it.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home