Saturday, November 12, 2005

Chamonix, le toit d'Europe.

This weekend we went to Chamonix, an alpine village about 2 hours away from Chambery. We had perfect weather all day and there wasn't too many people because its not tourist season yet. It was around 0° all day and I happily pulled out all my winter gear for the first time this season. We took a train to one set of mountians (Aiguille du Midi) and the sea of ice and then we took a tèlèpherique to another mountain( Plan de l'Aiguille) to see the view from there.
I have honestly never been so amazed at the beauty of the mountains. I can't describe how good it felt to breathe the fresh mountain air and see the incredible glaciers and geographic features. To go up to the peak and look down on the little village far far below was so cool. We saw people doing paragliding ( I had to look in the dictionary to figure out how to say paragliding in english) in the afternoon and we all chose a comfortable rock and sat and watched them take of into the sunset for a good hour. It was refreshing for the heart and soul . It was like clarity, rest and quite for a day. With a few good snow ball fights mixed in. I absolutly have to go back there and I also absolutly have to do paragliding. Unfortunatly I can't this year, because of my insurance and Rotary, but its officially been added to my list of things to do in life.
To sum it all up, it was a day of peace and tranquility, que me donne le joi dans mon coeur.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BONNIEEEEEEE oh my goodness you are having such a blast and Im so happy for you. I am also incredibly jealous. But then again who wouldn't be jealous. miss ya! Im moving to canmore with blake in a month, then we are going to save like mad to travel:) but nothing quite as life changing. Sounds like you are having some great experiences, it took my breath away reading your blog

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home