Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mon Anniversaire!!

Sunday the 16th of October was my birthday. For the first time in my entire life I got to have a French birthday!
We had a big party at my house saturday night. In France 18 is the age of majority where you can drink and drive and have a job and sign your own absence slips at school( yes!!!). Its a big deal. So my host family wanted to do something special.
We had 14 people at our house to eat, drink and dance. It was fantasmagorique! We cooked all day and I got to help make quiche, apple pie and pizza. We had all sorts of little appetizers and bonbons. I got lots of fun french presents and really really enjoyed myself. We had 3 other exchange students sleep over and we all stayed up really really late talking and then had a Rotary day the next day (not a smart move). But all the people at the meeting sang me happy birthday at one point in just about every language there is. French, Canadian, American, Spanish, Finnish, ect. and there was diffinatly a chinse guy there but I don't know if he sang. It was fun and I don't think I've ever had so many people sing happy birthday to me at the same time. ( And mom, I didn't even cry!)
Anyway, I had an amazing first french birthday that I will remember forever, it was really fun and it was sad at the same time because it was my first birthday without my Canadian family too. I missed all of you guys at home and thought of you lots. I wish that you all could have been there too to expirience the crazy dancing that went on that night. It was truly the most unique birthday I've had so far. Vive la France!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly O said...

Happy birthday Bonnie! My thoughts were with you on your special day. It is wonderful that your French Family made it so wonderful for you.
It sounds like they are as wonderful as you are.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Bonnie,
Happy Birthday to you.

(Sung by Sebastian, PJ, Lanye, Quentin and myself)

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home